HOPAPOPS’ Top 5 Benefits of Water Lily Seeds
Stop by Booth #8910 to learn more
Springfield, MO (September 12, 2019) - Hopapops are a new superfood snack made from popped water lily seeds.
A cross between popcorn and a cheese puff in texture, Hopapops are an innovative, nutritious, sustainable, plant-based snack full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Ethically and traditionally sourced from Bihar, India, popped water lily seeds are an ancient superfood that are known for being a highly nutritious, low-fat and low-carb alternative to conventional snacks like chips and popcorn.
Popped water lily seeds are naturally gluten-free, soy-free, contain no trans fats and are very low in carbohydrates.
Traditionally called “makhana,” water lily seeds have been used for centuries as a diet staple in Ayurvedic medicine to aid digestion and are believed to help with:
- Anti-aging & inflammation: containing antioxidants like flavonoids, which help neutralize free radicals to protect the skin and prevent inflammation
- Balancing blood sugar: Vitamin D, Selenium and Zinc, which have anti-diabetic properties that help lower blood sugar levels
- Bone health: Containing calcium and phosphorous, which are essential in maintaining strong bones and helping joint problems, osteoporosis and arthritis
- Digestive health: Fibrous, helping keep the digestive system strong, absorb nutrients and avoid constipation
- Infertility, hormonal balance and gestation: Contain Vitamins A,B, and E, which are essential for hormone production and sex drive. Nutrients like folic acid, iron, and iodine help tissue development and cell growth for expecting mothers
Hopapops will sample its three flavors at Natural Products Expo East, including: White Cheddar, Mango Habanero (vegan) and Coconut (vegan) at booth #8910 located outside the entrance on Pratt street. The brand will also be on site at the Harvest Festival, September 11 at booth H66.
Developed by Jeff Brinkhoff, who offers 20 years of consumer product & food industry experience as founder of Red Monkey Foods, and partner Sameer Mehra, founder of Suminter India Organics, a leader in high quality organic ingredients, the company is committed to sourcing sustainable ingredients and dedicated to making a positive social and economic impact in the communities in which they operate. www.hopapops.com, Facebook and Instagram for information on America’s next favorite snack.