Amazing Grass Press Release:
Contact: Brooke Oleynick Rachel Kay Public Relations 858.888.0148 Brooke@rkpr.net
Amazing Grass Launches Three Amazing New Lines Featuring Farm Fresh Greens
Leader in Organic Plant-Based Nutrition Debuts Protein & Kale Protein Powders, Green Powder Smoothie Boosters and Extends Effervescent Platform with Energy and Hydrate Functional Offerings at Natural Products Expo West 2018
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (March 1, 2018) – Amazing Grass™, the nation’s leading brand of plant-based, whole-food powdered supplements and nutrition bars, today announced the addition of three inventive product lines to its growing portfolio of simple and convenient farm-grown greens, including Organic Protein & Kale, Organic Green Powder Smoothie Boosters and Green Superfood Effervescents in Energy and Hydrate Functions. All three product lines are designed to deliver powerful functional nutrition with a blend of familiar ingredients and pioneering superfoods. Attendees of Natural Products Expo West will be among the first to experience the new products and are invited to learn more at booth #1751.
2018 also marks a milestone for the brand’s family farm in Kansas as it has added a new crop, kale, to its annual harvest of cereal grasses. The company’s cornerstone greens – wheat grass, barley grass and alfalfa, and now the nutritional powerhouse kale – are grown on the Amazing Grass family-owned farm. For over three generations, the Kansas-based farm has perfected the growing, harvesting and dehydration of organic greens to ensure optimal nutrient density, resulting in some of the highest-quality leafy greens available on the market.
“We wanted to find a way to help more people integrate the whole leaf nutrition of kale into their daily smoothies and shakes without having to take out the blender,” said Ryan Therriault, vice president of marketing and innovation at Amazing Grass. “In addition to our signature wheat grass, barley grass and alfalfa that we’ve offered from the start, kale has given us the opportunity to expand our green offerings for optimum health and wellness while continuing to expand organic farming in the U.S. The three new product lines deliver on the most important needs that consumers often seek out supplements for, and further the brand’s core mission of delivering plant-based whole-food nutrition in flavors and forms that are simple and easy to enjoy.”
The new supplement lines feature farm fresh greens in three easy to use formats to help people get the whole-food nutrition their bodies need to feel amazing every day.
- Organic Protein & Kale is a simple blend of plant-based protein combined with the nutritious power of organic leafy greens, predominately kale. The new protein powder offers a powerful dose of solely plant-based protein including pea, quinoa and chia, in tandem with four dark, leafy greens including kale, wheat grass, barley grass and alfalfa. Each nutritional scoop delivers 20g of protein and 1 full cup of leafy greens. SRP $32.99 and available in three amazing flavors:
- Organic Green Powder Smoothie Boosters are crafted with the world’s most nutrient-dense greens to provide a nutritional green powder addition to elevate any smoothie recipe. SRP $14.99 and available in the following flavors:
- Organic Kale Powder: 100% comprised of kale grown on the Kansas-based family farm. 1 teaspoon is equal to 2 full cups of leafy kale.
- Organic Supergreens Powder: Kale and wheat grass grown directly on the Amazing Grass family farm combine with trending Moringa and Spirulina superfoods. 1 teaspoon is equal to 1.5 servings of leafy greens.
- Effervescent formats are now available in two new functions, Energy and Hydrate, to cater to trending health needs. These tablets fuse the brand’s cornerstone Green Superfoodä blend with over 30 antioxidant superfoods that deliver the antioxidant equivalent of 1 full serving of greens and veggies. The two new functions incorporate the addition of plant-based caffeine for clean, natural energy, plus key electrolytes and vitamins to support hydration. SRP $7.99 and available in the following formats and flavors:
- Hydrate Effervescents: Electrolyte support from calcium, chloride, magnesium, sodium and potassium in two refreshing flavors: Strawberry Lemonade and Watermelon Lime.
- Energy Effervescents: Delivers 85mg of plant-based caffeine in two invigorating flavors: Tropical and Grape.
In addition, with the launch of Organic Protein & Kale and the brand’s continued dedication to supporting family farms across the country, Amazing Grass is donating up to $50,000 to the American Farmland Trust to help preserve U.S. Family Farmland, of which 175 acres are lost every hour. Amazing Grass will debut the new initiative at Expo West, and attendees are invited to support the effort in two ways: $1 will be donated for every #ilovefarmers text received (up to $25,000) and an additional $1 will be donated for every purchase of an Organic Protein & Kale tub (also up to $25,000). For more information on the campaign and how to participate, visit www.amazinggrass.com.
Organic Protein & Kale, Organic Green Powder Smoothie Boosters, and Green Superfood Effervescents in Energy and Hydrate are currently available at AmazingGrass.com and will begin shipping to retailers nationwide this month. Amazing Grass products are available nationally at major natural food retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Vitamin Shoppe, Target, GNC, Sprouts, and online at AmazingGrass.com, Amazon.com and more. For more information on Amazing Grass, and its line of plant-based, whole-food nutrition please visit www.amazinggrass.com.
About Amazing Grass
Amazing Grass was created in 2002 to help people connect health, nutrition and the environment to lead more active lives through organic, plant-based nutrition. For more than 50 years, its family farm in Kansas has perfected the growing, harvesting and dehydration of organic greens to ensure optimal nutrition. Today, the brand thoughtfully combines its alkalizing greens with the highest quality plant-based ingredients and superfoods sustainably sourced from around the world. All Amazing Grass products are plant-based, non-GMO, and made with real, whole-food ingredients. Amazing Grass is designed for people who conveniently want to get the recommended daily servings of fruits and vegetables, cleanse and detoxify, have digestive issues, and/or are vegan or consuming a vegetarian diet. Follow Amazing Grass via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Amazing Grass Fact Sheet:
Overview: Amazing Grass is the nation's leading brand of organic, plant-based supplements and nutrition bars comprised of real whole-food ingredients and the brand's cornerstone greens, wheat grass, barley grass and alfalfa, organically grown on its third generation family farm in Kansas. Considered the No. 1 brand in the Greens category, all Amazing Grass products are made with USDA Certified Organic farm-fresh greens, are non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and specially formulated to help maintain overall health and wellness while naturally boosting energy levels, supporting immunity, and helping aid digestion and detoxification. Amazing Grass provides the whole-food nutrition the body needs, in convenient and delicious forms that are simple and easy to enjoy.
The company’s signature wheat grass, barley grass and alfalfa, in addition to kale as of 2018, are grown on the Amazing Grass family-owned farm. For more than 70 years, the Kansas-based farm has perfected the growing, harvesting and dehydration of organic greens to ensure optimal nutrient density, resulting in some of the highest-quality deep leafy greens available on the market. By growing only once a year and harvesting at each crop’s nutritional peak, Amazing Grass is able to guarantee higher quality nutrition than that of juiced powders or tray grown greens. From there, the fresh greens are instantly dehydrated, frozen, and packed in nitrogen to maintain maximum freshness and preserve all the whole-food nutritional properties.
History: As a pioneer of the greens movement, Amazing Grass was one of the first companies to reject factory-based farming in favor of organic, sustainable practices. Co-founded by Todd Habermehl and Brandon Bert, Amazing Grass’ keystone organic cereal grasses have been grown on Bert’s Kansas-based family farm for three generations. By partnering with a network of small family farmers who share equivalent standards for sustainable cultivation and attention to detail, Amazing Grass has been able to cultivate a symbiotic relationship with the environment for generations to come, while delivering high-quality nutrition. This once grassroots company has evolved into the leading producer of organic green superfoods with sustainable family farming at the core of it all. Beyond its first tub of wheat grass powder, Amazing Grass now offers a wide range of organic, plant-based products crafted with the highest quality ingredients curated from like-minded farmers around the world.
Protein & Kale – NEW – a simple blend of plant-based protein, comprised of organic pea, chia and quinoa, in tandem with the nutritious power of farm-fresh greens, including kale, the latest nutritional powerhouse to be grown on the family farm. Each single scoop of Protein & Kale provides a powerful 20 grams of protein and one full cup of leafy greens. It is also USDA Organic, gluten-free, grain-free and crafted without the use of Stevia. SRP: $32.99 per 15-serving canister Flavors: Simply Vanilla and Smooth Chocolate flavors
Green Powder Smoothie Boosters – NEW – one scoop elevates any smoothie with a supercharged boost of green nutrition. Crafted with the world’s most nutrient-dense greens, the silky-smooth powders offer a powerful punch of nutrition in a single scoop, and are available in two varieties:
- Organic Kale Powder – Offers 100% grown and harvested kale from the family farm. One teaspoon of Organic Kale Powder is equal to 2 cups of fresh kale.
- Organic Supergreens Powder – Combines kale and wheat grass with moringa and spirulina. One scoop of Organic Supergreens Powder is equal to 1.5 servings of greens.
SRP: $14.99 per 30-serving pouch
Green Superfood Effervescents – The most novel and convenient way to get a daily dose of green nutrition, these refreshingly fizzy tablets are made with the brand’s proprietary alkalizing greens blend, including wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, spirulina and chlorella, plus more than 30 antioxidant superfoods to help support immunity. Available in two amazing flavors and now two new functions:
- Original Flavors – Delivers the antioxidant equivalent of 1 full serving of greens and veggies, 100% DV Vitamins B1, B12, C and E and only 1g of sugar. Flavors: Lemon Lime and Berry Flavors
- Energy – NEW – One full serving of greens and veggies boosted with 85mg of purely plant-based caffeine derived from green tea extract, plus 100% DV Vitamins B1 and B12. Flavors: Tropical and Grape flavors
- Hydrate – NEW – One full serving of greens and veggies plus the hydrating benefits of key electrolytes including potassium, magnesium, calcium sodium and chloride, and vitamins B1, B12 and C. Flavors: Strawberry Lemonade and Watermelon Lime flavors
SRP: $7.99 per tube (10 tabs per tube)
Elixirs – Six stress-reducing adaptogenic herbs (including moringa and ashwagandha) combine with alkalizing greens, including fermented wheat grass harvested directly from the Amazing Grass family farm. The Elixirs are crafted in three delicious blends each with unique functional health ingredients to support natural beauty, cognition and gut health. SRP: $29.99/20-serving canister; $2.19/single-serve packets Flavors: Beauty Elixir, Brain Elixir and Belly Elixir
Protein Superfood – An all-in-one nutritional protein shake boasting 20 grams of complete plant-based protein derived entirely from organic pea, chia, hemp and quinoa, in tandem with the brand’s cornerstone greens blend. Each protein-filled scoop also delivers 20g protein, 7 alkalizing greens and two servings of nutrient-dense fruits and veggies to aid digestion, promote lean muscle and provide a nourishing source of energy. SRP: $34.99 per 10-12-serving canister, $56.99 per 18-20 servings Flavors: Original, Pure Vanilla, Rich Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter
Green SuperFood® – The company’s flagship brand family is packed with organic greens, wholesome fruits and vegetables, plus nutrient-dense superfoods and digestive enzymes. Available in 10 delicious flavors and functions, Green SuperFood is a convenient way to get the whole-food nutrition the body needs in a delicious powder that’s simple to enjoy. Beyond green nutrition and delivering over one full serving of fruits and veggies, Green Superfood helps alkalize, provide natural energy, support immunity, aid digestion, and promote natural detoxification of the body. SRP: $21.99/15 single-serve packets; $29.99/150 capsules; $29.99/30-serving canister; $49.99/60-serving canister; $69.99/100-serving canister Flavors: Original, Chocolate, Berry, Detox & Digest, Alkalize & Detox, Energy Lemon Lime, Energy Watermelon, Antioxidant Sweet Berry, Immunity Tangerine and Multi-Vitamin Pineapple Lemongrass
Organic Wheat Grass & Amazing Trio® – These whole-leaf wheatgrass supplements offer 30 times more nutrition than traditional wheatgrass juice shots. The potent leafy green supplements supply a hefty dose of vitamins and minerals, while promoting healthy body function and naturally alkalizing the body. SRP: $21.99/15 single-serve packets; $26.99/200 tablets; $26.99/30-serving canister; $45.99/60-serving canister; $64.99/100-serving canister Flavors: Organic Wheat Grass and Amazing Trio (wheat grass, barley, alfalfa)
Where to Buy: Amazing Grass products are available nationwide in most major natural food retailers including Whole Foods Market, Sprouts and Earthfare, as well as in Vitamin Specialty stores including GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. The line can also be found in conventional and club retailers like Kroger, Target, Wegmans, Sam’s Club and select Costco clubs, as well as online at amazinggrass.com, amazon.com and other retailers.
- 230 Newport Center Drive, Suite 300 Newport Beach, CA 92660